(Redirected from Summon Rock)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is about the spell. For rock types of materials, see Rock (Material).|
Rock is a spell that summons a sizeable rock at the tip of the wand. This rock obeys gravity and can deal heavy damage to enemies if it collides with them. It can be kicked by you.
It has 3 charges. The Unlimited Spells perk does affect this spell as well.
The Geomancer archetype from the official class mod starts with a wand with this spell as Always Cast, giving you an unlimited amount of them.
- The spell in its normal incarnation is tricky to use, but fun. Unfortunately, only 3 charges means it doesn't last more than a few moments.
- You can combine this spell with other projectiles to have them impart their velocity into the rock, flinging it forward at great speeds. This is most easily done with Burst of Air but also works with any projectile that has an explosive effect, like Energy Orb.
- Combine with Homing and Burst of Air to get an extremely potent trick kill weapon
- Enemies killed with the rock count as trick kills and drop double gold, just like when you kill enemies by kicking barrels, minecarts and other items at them.
- With a wand that has an always cast of Summon Rock, it can become an incredible movement tool. Summon it at your feet and you can use it to jump off of and travel infinitely.
- When combined with the Horizontal Path modifier, the rocks generated can float in the air for use as a platform that lasts a very long time (They do fall, but at an extraordinarily slow pace).
- With the Bombs Materialized perk, the Rock spell can be held and used directly from item slots.
- Nov 28 2019: Changed the projectile material from
- Nov 5 2019: The rock body can now be damaged and "killed" as an entity with 2.5 ♥.
- Oct 23 2019: Added to the game.