|This article is about the material. For the spell, see Water (Spell).|
Water is a translucent, deep blue liquid material that is often one of the first materials in the game you will interact with. A player's very first session in Noita will start them off with a Water Potion, although this starting flask will be filled with a random selection of liquids in subsequent sessions.
- Like most liquids, water is affected by gravity, conducts electricity, and can be stored in Potion flasks.
- It will extinguish entities that are On fire!, turn Lava into Rock, and purify Toxic Sludge.
- Water's Wet stain will prevent players and enemies alike from catching On fire!, although the stain is gradually consumed in the presence of Fire.
- Like all stains, it will gradually dry off while moving.
- Drinking water is generally harmless but will increase your Satiation level.
- In Hot biomes, water exposed to the air gradually evaporates into Steam,
- ↑ With the exception of
water_staticwhich does not move, although this variant of water does not appear in the released version of Noita.
Chilly Water is another variant of water that mainly is created when Snow mixes with Water. It is very quick to freeze into Ice in cold areas, but in warm areas it will quickly be converted back into regular water.
A variant of water with the specific ID
water_fading is continuously emitted by Märkiäinen. It behaves similarly to regular water, but will quickly evaporate into nothing if left exposed to air.
All types of water become highly dangerous hazards in the presence of electricity. Avoid contact with water while holding wands in hand that contain electric spells like Lightning Bolt or Electric Torch, or while any electrical enemies such as Ukko are nearby. Electrocution is one of the fastest ways to be killed, and large bodies of water will pose a significant hazard as soon as anything electrical is in contact with the water.
Be extremely cautious opening Chests that appear underwater; they can occasionally contain Ukkoskivi, which will quickly kill unsuspecting players. It is best to open such chests by simply attacking them from a safe location instead, only venturing into the water once the contents of the chest are known. It is possible to grab an Ukkoskivi out of the water in between bursts of electricity but doing so can be difficult to time correctly. Due to the paralysis effect electricity causes, a misstep is usually fatal; if at all possible, water should be emptied to another location before picking up an Ukkoskivi.
Suffocation is also a significant hazard in larger bodies of water, or when trapped underwater by enemies or falling debris. As a last resort, careful use of explosive Spells can consume water and attempt to provide some breathing room for a short period of time.
Water is one of the most accessible and useful survival tools in Noita, being useful for many key purposes:
- It can be used by you to put yourself out if on fire, as well as keep yourself Wet and thus safe from the ever-present danger of Fire.
- Being Wet can allow you to dash directly through large swathes of fire without taking much damage, if any, and not catching alight.
- Water also turns Lava to Rock, which is both useful for traversing large bodies of lava, as well as invaluable for dealing with enemies like Stendari which bleed the highly dangerous liquid.
- Most fire-based enemies are susceptible to being damaged and killed from contact with sufficient quantities of Water.
- Water will quickly neutralise Toxic Sludge, allowing players to traverse otherwise hazardous deposits of the sickly green liquid without risking their health.
- Concentrated Mana will quickly consume water to produce more of itself, allowing the magical liquid to be generated at will. However, Concentrated Mana will neither purify Toxic Sludge nor be particularly useful in extinguishing fire, so it's a good idea to ensure you always have some water for when it's needed.
- Prior to "The Feast" patch in late April, 2020, there was no limit as to how much liquid you could consume, resulting in players routinely draining the Dark Cave and other locations of water for safer travel by simply drinking it all.
Reactions where water evaporates into Steam or disappears, and where Steam condenses back into water.
|20||[fire] + Water||[fire] + Steam|
|80||[lava] + Water||Rock (Static) + Steam|
|80||[lava] + Chilly Water||Rock (Static) + Steam|
|20||[meltable] + Water||[meltable] + Steam|
|2||Water (Fading) + Air||Air + Air|
|10||Steam (Trailer) + [static]||Water + [static]|
|3||Steam + [static]||Water + [static]|
Reactions where Ice or Snow melts into water.
|40||[fire] + Ice (Powder/Static)||[fire] + Water|
|80||[fire] + Snow||[fire] + Water|
|80||[fire] + Packed Snow||[fire] + Water|
|60||[fire] + [meltable_to_water]||[fire] + Water|
|60||[lava] + [meltable_to_water]||[lava] + Water|
|1||Ice (Powder/Static) + Air||Water + Air|
|5||Snow + Toxic Sludge||Water + Toxic Sludge|
|20||Snow + Urine||Water + Steam|
|1||Water + Ice (Powder/Static)||Water + Chilly Water|
|1||Water + [ice]||Water + Chilly Water|
Reactions where Water is cooled into Chilly Water which freezes into Ice.
|35||Chilly Water + Ice (Powder/Static) + Air||Ice (Static) + Ice (Static)|
|35||Chilly Water + Packed Snow + Air||Ice (Static) + Packed Snow|
|35||Chilly Water + Frozen Rock + Air||Ice (Static) + Frozen Rock|
|10||Frozen Rock + Water||Frozen Rock + Chilly Water|
|8||Ice (Powder/Static) + Water||Ice (Static) + Chilly Water|
|10||Ice (Powder) + Chilly Water||Ice (Static) + Ice (Static)|
|6||Packed Snow + Water||Packed Snow + Chilly Water|
|4||Snow (Sticky) + Water + Air||Snow (Sticky) + Chilly Water|
|90||Freezing Liquid + Water||Freezing Liquid + Ice|
Reactions that purify other substances into water, mainly Toxic Sludge.
|20||Brine + Toxic Sludge||Brine + Water|
|15||Chilly Water + Toxic Sludge + Air||Chilly Water + Chilly Water|
|15||Water (Static) + Toxic Sludge||Water (Static) + Water|
|13||Water + Toxic Sludge||Water + Water|
|21||Invisiblium + Water||Water + Water|
|80||Purifying Powder + [impure]||Purifying Powder + Water|
Reactions where water gets absorbed into something, leaving only one material behind.
|100||Cement + Water||Concrete + Air|
|100||Water + Cement||Concrete + Air|
|10||Fungal Spore (Seed) + Water + Air||Fungal Spore + Air|
|1||Fungal Spore + Water + Air||Fungal Spore + Air|
|80||Plant Seed + Water||Plant Material + Air|
|5||Water + Soil||Air + Mud|
|25||Concentrated Mana + Water||Concentrated Mana + Concentrated Mana|
|100||Copper + Brass + Water||Silver + Smoke + Smoke|
|5||Damp Rock + Air||Damp Rock + Water (Fading)|
|5||Salt + Water||Air + Brine|
|5||Salt + Chilly Water||Air + Brine|
|1||Swamp + Water||Swamp + Swamp (Water)|
|10||Water + [slime]||Water + Slime Mist|
|10||Water + Soil (Lush)||Swamp + Soil|
|10||Water + Fungal Soil||Swamp + Soil|
Inherited From Tags
|50||[acid] + Water||[acid] + Flammable Gas|
|50||[molten_metal] + Water||Metal Dust + Water|
|1||[rust_box2d] + Water||[rust_box2d] + Water|
|1||[rust_oxide] + Water||[rust_oxide] + Water|
|1||[rust] + Water||Rusted Metal + Water|
|2||Water + Liquid Fire||Fire + Liquid Fire|
|20||Burning Powder + Water||Burning Powder + Fire|
|100||Frozen Steel + Water||Frozen Steel + Ice|
|2||Grass (Dry) + Water||Grass + Air|
|50||Molten Brass + Water||Brass + Steam|
|50||Molten Copper + Water||Copper + Steam|
|50||Molten Gold + Water||Gold + Steam|
|50||Molten Metal (Steel) + Water||Steel (Powder) + Steam|
|50||Molten Silver + Water||Silver + Steam|
|50||Molten Wax + Water||Wax + Steam|
|50||Odd Brickwork + Water||Smoke + Teleportatium|
|50||Sodium + Water||Sodium + Steam|
- Oct 11 2019: Reactions involving Purifying Powder were added.