Acid is a bright green liquid material that dissolves most materials into Flammable Gas.
Acid dissolves anything tagged [corrodible], which includes most materials, with the notable exceptions of Glass, Dense Rock, and Extremely Dense Rock.
Like Lava, acid inflicts contact damage instead of staining you. When unimpeded, acid flows downward, eating through materials in its path and releasing Flammable Gas as it consumes corrodible materials.
Touching acid inflicts between 20 and 500 damage per second, depending on how much of the entity is in contact with the material, and aside from Ambrosia and Stainless Armour, nothing prevents or reduces acid damage. Without a massive health pool, acid threatens instant death at all points of a run.
Apart from its corrosion reaction, acid isn't an ingredient of any pre-set Alchemy recipe. It can be randomly selected as an ingredient of Alchemic Precursor or Lively Concoction.
- Rarely, as your starting potion
- Uncommonly, as a pedestal or chest item
- As blood or attacks from certain enemies, such as the Happonuljaska and Äitinuljaska and their variants
- In giant glass vats in Snowy Depths and The Vault
- From destructible red rocket-shaped barrels
- Created by Acid (Spell), Circle of Acid, and other spells
- As the result of a Fungal Shift or Chaotic Transmutation.
- Thrown by Alkemisti.
Acid will bleed from these enemies.
Acid's extreme damage can end almost any run before you can react, and once released it will burrow through nearly anything. In any biome containing acid, you should proactively take extreme caution to avoid it. Some suggestions include:
- Carefully crack acid vats, detonate drums, and smash flasks from a safe distance
- Desperately avoid losing the high ground to any enemy that spits or bleeds acid
- Use redundant triggers, delays, and cast-delay-increasing measures to cast acid spells from screens away
Because acid represents a sudden-death threat, it's too dangerous for utility or offensive uses. Cast acid spells and use acid potions only in the most dire do-or-die situations.
Be particularly wary about acid reaching the bottom of a biome. If enough Holy Mountain Brickwork is corroded, the gods will summon Stevari, regardless if you, a monster, or dumb luck is responsible. If acid is in play, quickly move from the entrance to the Full Health Regeneration, in case a Stevari appears and knocks you back before you can heal.
|15||Odd Brickwork + Concentrated Mana||Smoke + Acid|
|50||Acid + [corrodible]||Acid + Flammable Gas|
|10||Acid + Air||Flammable Gas + Air|
|12||Acid + Flammable Gas||Flammable Gas + Air|
|80||Purifying Powder + Acid||Purifying Powder + Water|
|90||[fire] + Frozen Acid||[fire] + Acid|
|80||[lava] + Frozen Acid||[lava] + Acid|
|100||Corrupted Rock + Frozen Acid||Corrupted Rock + Corrupted Rock|
|100||Draught of Midas + Frozen Acid||Draught of Midas + Gold|
|3||Steam + Frozen Acid||Water + Frozen Acid|
|50||[acid] + Frozen Acid||[acid] + Flammable Gas|
|50||[molten_metal] + Frozen Acid||Metal Dust + Frozen Acid|
|50||Molten Brass + Frozen Acid||Brass + Frozen Acid|
|50||Molten Copper + Frozen Acid||Copper + Frozen Acid|
|50||Molten Gold + Frozen Acid||Gold + Frozen Acid|
|50||Molten Metal (Steel) + Frozen Acid||Steel (Powder) + Frozen Acid|
|50||Molten Silver + Frozen Acid||Silver + Frozen Acid|
|50||Molten Wax + Frozen Acid||Wax + Frozen Acid|
- Nov 5 2019: Added the [solid] tag to all variants of Frozen Acid.
- Oct 11 2019: The [impure] tag was added.
- Materials tagged with liquid
- Materials tagged with liquid common
- Materials tagged with acid
- Materials tagged with impure
- Materials tagged with frozen
- Materials tagged with alchemy
- Materials tagged with meltable to acid
- Materials tagged with static
- Materials tagged with corrodible
- Materials tagged with solid
- Materials tagged with cold
- Pages that need additional images