Beneath the Underground Jungle is the Vault, a large technical installation somewhat reminiscent of the Hiisi Base, but far more dangerous.
Layout and hazards
The Vault resembles a giant abandoned factory, with rusted metal structures and old machinery as far as the eye can see.
The environment here is extremely dangerous. Explosives such as oil barrels, generators and propane tanks are extremely common throughout the level, and pools of toxic sludge are common, with no naturally occurring water to purify it with. Glass acid containers can also be found occasionally.
Beneath the rusted metals you'll find compositions of Vault Rock, a hardier version of normal rock that is tough to dig through, but softer than steel. The path can sometimes be blocked by metal pipes, but these can be dug through relatively easily.
Points of Interest
- Giant vats of acid can often be found here. It is encased in glass, hinting that glass is the only material that doesn't corrode from exposure to acid. It can be easily broken just like ice, and if this is done then the contents will leak out, destroying much terrain and generally causing havoc.
- One of the Fungal Altars can be found here near the center of the biome, right before the entrance to the next Holy Mountain.
- A vat of blood with a large brain can be found here. This is an eligible place for a Max Health Upgrade or Treasure Chest to spawn.
The Vault is littered with dangerous enemies, with a strong emphasis on robotic types and monstrosities:
Many of the enemies found in the Vault, such as Turso or Snipuhiisi, can be found in earlier levels, but have been given more HP and immunity to knockback.
Proceeding through the portals at the bottom will lead you to the final area of the main path.
The Lukki Lair can be accessed through the top-west corner of the biome, leading down to an orb room as well as back up to the Underground Jungle.
A spherical structure found in the Vault.
Click to show/hide content.
It has two randomly chosen symbols which determine what you must fill it with in order to receive one of two possible Unique wands, Varpuluuta or Arpaluu.
Only one of the clues needs to be followed for each puzzle, and each clue rewards a different wand (may both give Arpaluu, but spells and stats will change)!
The symbols and what you have to fill it with are:
|Worm Blood |
For the final solution of the puzzle, fill it with one of the liquids indicated by the symbols. In the example image at right, it can be either Lively Concoction, Pheromone, or Healthium, Worm Blood or Worm Pheromone.
- Nov 28 2019:
- Added Häivehiisi enemy.
- Added Kilpihiisi enemy.
- Added Peitsivartija enemy.
- Mar 30 2021: The biome structure material was changed from Mossy Steel to Rusted Steel.
- Oct 11 2019: Added a landing platform to the biome entrance.