Swamp is a liquid Material that is sometimes found in the Fungal Caverns, Underground Jungle, and Overgrown Cavern.
Swamp gives the Wet stain just like ordinary water. There are two different variants which are internally called
swamp although their name in the UI is identical.
Swamp is often not generated with biomes, but the materials used by the reactions very frequently spawn together at the same location and immediately start reacting to produce swamp by the time you arrive.
water_swamp is of a murky but translucent green color, and can be made by mixing Toxic Sludge with Mud or either variant of Swamp. On occasion, mixing Toxic Sludge with Water in the proximity of Soil will also generate some Mud and thus also swamp water. When disturbed, Swamp Water tends to form Peat, which is a lighter green liquid that tends to float on the surface of swamp and other water-like liquids. Peat is very flammable, and can sometimes cause the entire body of original liquid to boil into steam if enough Peat has formed.
swamp is an opaque, muddy green-brown liquid. Swamp can be found in small pockets of biomes that receive the plant-infested modifier.
- There is a chance to start with either variant of Swamp as a starter potion.
- Chance of the Swamp Water variant being the outcome of a Fungal Reality Shift or Chaotic Transmutation.
- Very rare chance of obtaining either variant as a random material potion from Treasure Chest and Great Treasure Chest.
- It doesn't spawn naturally in any biomes, however the materials under reactions frequently appear together and react to make it seem like it does.
- The Water variant is bled by Märkiäinen.
Most notably, swamp will be created naturally after an area has been loaded because of Water coming into contact with:
- The lush Soil of the Underground Jungle.
- The Fungal Soil of the Fungal Caverns and Overgrown Cavern.
- Soil and Toxic Sludge in many biomes, because soil and water produces Mud which can convert the remaining toxic sludge to swamp.
Inherits additional reactions with the [water] tag that are not listed here.
|15||Mud + Toxic Sludge||Mud + Swamp (Water)|
|15||Swamp + Toxic Sludge||Swamp + Swamp (Water)|
|1||Swamp + Water||Swamp + Swamp (Water)|
|17||Swamp (Water) + Toxic Sludge||Swamp (Water) + Swamp (Water)|
|6||Swamp (Water) + Air||Peat + Air|
|10||Water + Soil (Lush)||Swamp + Soil|
|10||Water + Fungal Soil||Swamp + Soil|
|60||[fire] + Swamp (All variants)||[fire] + Water|
|60||[lava] + Swamp (All variants)||[lava] + Water|
|50||[acid] + Swamp (All variants)||[acid] + Flammable Gas|
|80||Purifying Powder + Swamp (All variants)||Purifying Powder + Water|
|90||Freezing Liquid + Swamp||Freezing Liquid + Ice|
- Oct 11 2019: The [impure] tag was added to all variants of Swamp.