Poison is a dark purple liquid material that stains creatures with the Poisoned effect, doing small amounts of damage over time. While the stain itself cannot kill you or other creatures under normal conditions, the material itself can do appreciable amounts of contact damage. It will quickly evaporate on its own, creating Poison Gas if burned.
It can be washed off with Water, just like Toxic Sludge.
Poison never appears naturally. It is only created by spells, enemies or alchemical reactions, most notably by Myrkkyhiisi in the Underground Jungle. Apart from the poisonous plant bulbs that can grow in the Underground Jungle, there are no barrels or other containers filled with poison and no vats or pools naturally occur, making this substance a fairly rare occurrence outside of player spells like Poison Arc or Poison Trail. It can also spawn as a result of Fungal Shift.
Poison damage from the Poisoned effect deals damage of 2% of your HP per hit in NG. With each cycle of New Game + damage triples.
For example on NG+++ poison will deal 54% of HP damage per tick. By NG+4 this can instantly kill you.
You take damage from being in contact with the liquid, dealing 0.025 damage per tick, for each pixel touching your hitbox. The amount of damage this deals to other creatures varies between different species.
Poison Gas is a gaseous Material that emits from evaporating poison liquid. It's flammable, but contrary to the name not actually poisonous. It has a dark purple color, similar to the poison it emits from. Functionally, it is identical to Flammable Gas.
- The Freeze Field perk can be use to neutralize liquid poison, as frozen poison does not inflict stains, and you do not take any material contact damage from it, unlike Toxic Ice or Frozen Acid.
Like most liquids, it can also be a component for the random Alchemy recipes.
|90||[fire] + [meltable_to_poison]||[fire] + Poison|
|70||[lava] + Poison||Poisonous Rock + Poison Gas|
|80||[lava] + [meltable_to_poison]||[lava] + Poison|
|10||Blood + Poison||Slime + Smoke|
|10||Blood + Poison Gas||Slime + Smoke|
|60||Glue + [fire]||[fire] + Poison Gas|
|50||Honey + Diamond||Ambrosia + Poison|
|50||Meat + Poison||Rotten Meat + Poison|
|15||Poison + Air||Poison Gas + Air|
|50||[acid] + Poison||[acid] + Flammable Gas|
|80||Purifying Powder + Poison||Purifying Powder + Water|
|40||[fire] + Poison Gas||[fire] + Fire|
|80||[lava] + Poison Gas||[lava] + Fire|
|100||Corrupted Rock + Frozen Poison||Corrupted Rock + Corrupted Rock|
|100||Draught of Midas + Frozen Poison||Draught of Midas + Gold|
|50||[acid] + Frozen Poison||[acid] + Flammable Gas|
|3||Steam + Frozen Poison||Water + Frozen Poison|
|50||[molten_metal] + Frozen Poison||Metal Dust + Frozen Poison|
|50||Molten Brass + Frozen Poison||Brass + Frozen Poison|
|50||Molten Copper + Frozen Poison||Copper + Frozen Poison|
|50||Molten Gold + Frozen Poison||Gold + Frozen Poison|
|50||Molten Metal (Steel) + Frozen Poison||Steel (Powder) + Frozen Poison|
|50||Molten Silver + Frozen Poison||Silver + Frozen Poison|
|50||Molten Wax + Frozen Poison||Wax + Frozen Poison|
- Nov 5 2019: Added the [solid] tag to all variants of Frozen Poison.
- Oct 11 2019: The [impure] tag was added to liquid Poison.
- Materials tagged with liquid common
- Materials tagged with soluble
- Materials tagged with corrodible
- Materials tagged with impure
- Materials tagged with liquid
- Materials tagged with alchemy
- Materials tagged with meltable to poison
- Materials tagged with static
- Materials tagged with solid
- Materials tagged with frozen
- Materials tagged with cold
- Materials tagged with gas
- Materials tagged with burnable fast
- Pages that need additional images