Noita is a magical action rogue-lite set in a world where every pixel is physically simulated. Fight, explore, melt, burn, freeze and evaporate your way through the procedurally generated world using wands you've created yourself.
Noita is inspired by underground classics such as Liero, falling sand games, and modern roguelike-likes, -lites and -lite-like-lites.
The game was primarily developed by:
- Petri Purho (also made: Crayon Physics Deluxe) – (Petri's website, other credits: MobyGames)
- Olli Harjola (also made: The Swapper) – (other credits: MobyGames)
- Arvi Teikari (also made: Baba Is You, Environmental Station Alpha, and many more) – (Arvi's website, other credits: MobyGames)
- and Antti Tiihonen (also co-made: Legend of Grimrock) – (other credits: MobyGames)
- plus many collaborators. (See end-game Credits on YouTube or at at MobyGames)
- See also: Noita Official Soundtrack
Noita uses Nolla Games’ in-house "Falling Everything Engine".
It was released on September 24th, 2019 and is available on Steam, Humble Bundle, itch.io and GOG for $17.99 USD.
Noita was initially a "no-eater" game, as it did not allow consumption of solids. It still lacks a hunger mechanic by default (picking the perk Eat Your Vegetables adds a hunger mechanic) but now you can eat, drink and vomit.
If you happen to be interested in the game's lore, see Game Lore. Note that a lot of it will not make much (if any) sense without having played the game quite a bit first.