Gunpowder is a volatile powder that is highly flammable and potentially explosive depending on the variant.
There are 2 main variants of this material, one that explodes and one that only burns, but they are called the same thing when mouse-overed in the game. Generally speaking, the variant that spawns naturally is always the one that explodes, whereas the non-exploding variant comes from the Gunpowder Trail modifier.
Like most explosives, exploding gunpowder can set creatures on fire.
All variants of gunpowder can be dissolved with the Dissolve Powders perk.
- Very rare chance of obtaining any variant of Gunpowder as a random material potion from a Treasure Chest or Great Treasure Chest.
- Found in large piles in various biomes.
- Found in the Coal Pits and Hiisi Base.
- Found in Temple of the Art.
- Used for the Gunpowder Trail spell.
- A Powder Pouch has a 3.57% chance of being Gunpowder.
- There is a chance for it to be the outcome of a Fungal Reality Shift.
- Found in several props such as the large explosive crates in the Hiisi Base, and the explosive vases in Temple of the Art.
- Bleeds from Liekkiö.
- Can be thrown as a potion by Alkemisti.
- Used for the Firecrackers and Gunpowder Arc spells.
- 0.5% chance of receiving Gunpowder as a starter potion.
- There is a chance for a Gunpowder potion to be found on pedestals.
- Auringonsiemen will convert materials tagged with [sand_ground] into the unstable variant of Gunpowder.
Unstable Big Variant
This variant is produced by the Liquid Detonation spell.
The explosive variant of gunpowder will explode when it performs burning reactions.
|8||[lava] + Gunpowder (Inert)||[lava] + Fire|
|8||[lava] + Gunpowder||[lava] + Fire|
|80||Purifying Powder + [regenerative]||Gunpowder (Unstable) + Gunpowder (Unstable)|
|100||Purifying Powder + Lava||Gunpowder (Unstable) + Gunpowder (Unstable)|
|50||[acid] + Gunpowder||[acid] + Flammable Gas|
|100||Corrupted Rock + Gunpowder||Corrupted Rock + Corrupted Rock|
|100||Draught of Midas + Gunpowder||Draught of Midas + Gold|
|8||Lava + Gunpowder (Unstable)||Lava + Fire|
|8||Lava + Gunpowder (Unstable Big)||Lava + Fire|
The exploding variant is sometimes known as Firecrackers, just like the spell.
- Oct 23 2019: The minimum explosion radius of
gunpowder_unstablewas increased from 5 to 8.
- Oct 11 2019: Reactions involving Purifying Powder were added.