Layout and hazards
The environment here is extremely dangerous. Explosives such as oil barrels, generators and propane tanks are extremely common throughout the level, and pools of toxic sludge are common, with no naturally occurring water to purify it with. Glass acid containers can also be found occasionally.
Beneath the rusted metals you'll find compositions of Vault Rock, a hardier version of normal rock that is tough to dig through, but softer than steel. The path can sometimes be blocked by metal pipes, but these can be dug through relatively easily.
Points of Interest
- Giant vats of acid can often be found here. It is encased in glass, hinting that glass is the only material that doesn't corrode from exposure to acid. It can be easily broken just like ice, and if this is done then the contents will leak out, destroying much terrain and generally causing havoc.
- One of the Fungal Altars can be found here near the center of the biome, right before the entrance to the next Holy Mountain.
- A vat of blood with a large brain can be found here. This is an eligible place for a Max Health Upgrade or Treasure Chest to spawn.
The Vault is littered with dangerous enemies, with a strong emphasis on robotic types and monstrosities:
Proceeding through the portals at the bottom will lead you to the final area of the main path.
A spherical structure found in the Vault.
Only one of the clues needs to be followed for each puzzle, and each clue rewards a different wand (may both give Arpaluu, but spells and stats will change)!
The symbols and what you have to fill it with are:
|Worm Blood |
For the final solution of the puzzle, fill it with one of the liquids indicated by the symbols. In the example image at right, it can be either Lively Concoction, Pheromone, or Healthium, Worm Blood or Worm Pheromone.
Music that plays here includes:
- Mar 30 2021: The biome structure material was changed from Mossy Steel to Rusted Steel.
- Nov 28 2019:
- Added Häivehiisi enemy.
- Added Kilpihiisi enemy.
- Added Peitsivartija enemy.
- Oct 11 2019: Added a landing platform to the biome entrance.
- Modern Times from Noita Official Soundtrack vol. 3 by From Grotto & Niilo Takalainen.
- Timing Chain from Noita Official Soundtrack vol. 3 by From Grotto & Niilo Takalainen.
- Needs Maintenance from Noita Official Soundtrack vol. 3 by From Grotto & Niilo Takalainen.
- Mindless Machine from Noita Official Soundtrack vol. 3 by From Grotto & Niilo Takalainen.