The Work (Hell)
The Work (Hell)
The Work (Hell) is one of 3 places in the game bearing the name "The Work", and is an infinitely looping biome located below the lava ocean underneath The Laboratory.
To reach this place you will need both a method capable of bypassing the massive amounts of Lava, and a wand capable of digging through extremely dense rock. Lava To Blood is recommended, but spells capable of freezing will also work, whereas Black Holes are useful for digging through the rock.
The Work (Hell) consists of its own special biome followed by all the biomes from the main path in the same arrangement and order, starting with the Mines. There are some differences, however, as most materials the dungeons are made of are changed into Hell Rock, a dark red material which is very resistant to digging.
Below the first section, none of the permanent structures or areas will be present. Only the sections that are procedurally generated will appear.
Areas of Interest
- Near the center of the first section of this biome you will find an orb room.
- If you work your way to the most western point you will come across a room with an essence.
- There is a large shop in both The Work (Hell) and The Work (Sky) with a random selection of spells from Tier 10, including the Divide By Spells, effect copying spells like Omega or Mu, the Touch Of spells, Blood Magic, Giga Black Holes, Nukes, etc. All of these spells are purchasable for approximately 36,000 gold each, which should not be too unaffordable given the large sums of gold dropped by hell enemies. It may be of interest for one to go there to build powerful wands.
- On the east side of the first section of the biome is the Dark Chest which can be opened with the Crystal Key.
Both The Work (Hell) and The Work (Sky) are inhabited by extremely dangerous enemies. The enemies present in The Work (Hell) include:
- Since nearly all enemies in this biome bleed lava, a viable source of healing is to use the Vampirism perk together with Lava To Blood.
- Dealing with large amounts of lava can also be done with the use of Freeze Charge.